Do you want to get rid of your unwanted furniture? Is it in good condition and someone else could reuse it? If the answer is yes to all three questions, contact Oskars, your furniture reuse project.
Oskars uplifts unwanted household furniture, white items and other household goods that are suitable for reuse. This is a free service, however it is down to our drivers discretion if the items are suitable for reuse. Where items are unsuitable for reuse, we can uplift and dispose of items starting from £25.
We uplift reusable furniture from households free of charge, bring the items back to our warehouse in Paisley clean them if necessary, and then place in our showroom for purchase. Our prices are reasonable, competitive and benchmarked against other charity shops in the Paisley area.
What Items Do We Uplift?
Oskars uplift a range of quality second-hand furniture, electrical items and other household goods including:
- Furniture (incl. sofas, tables, chairs, wardrobes, chest of drawers etc.)
- Electrical items in working order
- White goods in working order – Cookers, Fridges, Washing Machines,
- Garden furniture, tools and equipment
- Tables and Chairs
- Chest of Drawers
- Flatscreen TV’s
- Vacuum cleaners
We are also interested in Vintage and Retro Furniture for our Men’s Shed project for upcycling and refurbishing.
Items We Cannot Reuse
- Baby Equipment – prams, pushchairs, buggies, car seats, cots
- Beds (there will be a charge for uplifting beds)
- Books, Multimedia, LPs, CDs, DVDs, Bric a brac, Toys and Games
- Bulky style televisions
- Clothing and Shoes
- Computers & Computer desks
- Gas Appliances of any kind
- Hi Fi Units
- Items that have been left outside
- Items which are soiled, ripped or damaged in any way
- Large wall units
- Sports Equipment
- Upholstered furniture – sofas and soft furnishings without a fire label – fire regulation tags must be attached to conform with trading standards
* Please note we are unable to dismantle furniture.
Oskars aims to:
- provide low cost furniture and other household items to help people who are in receipt of benefit, by providing clean and safe donated furniture at affordable prices.
- prevent waste by recycling furniture and other household items.
- offer a service to the public by recycling their unwanted furniture and putting it to good use.
- provide young people with training to help them into paid employment.
If you have any questions please call us on 0141 847 6626.
Please consider donating your unwanted furniture rather than sending to landfill. Reusing items is environmentally friendly and is better than recycling.
We always advise donors that we will uplift their item with the caveat ‘Drivers Discretion’. To avoid disappointment or embarrassment please ask yourself before donating – is this item in working order and suitable for reuse? Is the item in a sellable condition? If you item does not fall into the category above we will still uplift it but this will incur a charge to you. Charges start from £25